I run about 1 workshop a month, with a different theme or intention. They are usually held at Hedsor, Buckinghamshire, U.K. I limit the number of places so do book early to avoid disappointment.
In October every year I organise a fund-raising workshop for Child Bereavement UK. It is always very popular. I’ll keep you posted when the date and venue have been set.
Mindful Living Retreat: Through Yoga and Wine Appreciation
15th to 20th May 2020
When we go on a retreat, we leave behind the busyness of our everyday lives and press the pause button, just for a few days, and reconnect back to who we really are. This is an invitation to spend time nourishing your body and soul by practising mindfulness – cultivating awareness through all of the senses and discovering a reverence for all aspects of our lives.
In this era of technology where one click, instagram and fast food are the norm, where we cram more activities into every day, where we multi-task like mad and still feel like we can’t get it all done, “not enough TIME” has become a common mantra.
Over the long weekend we will practise reconnection with our bodies, minds and souls and a reverence for all aspects of our lives through mindful engagement of all our senses.
We will celebrate our bodies through yoga practice, nourish ourselves with breath and hearty, delicious food, and cultivate heightened awareness of senses through mindful wine tasting practices. All in the tranquil surroundings of the Maison 10 in the south of France.
The six-day retreat is about:
- Time for yourself
- Time to notice
- Time to nourish
- Time for your yoga practice
- Time to appreciate being human
- Time to be in nature
- Time to breathe
- Time to connect to other souls on a deeper level
- Taking one thing at a time
We will practise yoga and breathing exercises daily and explore the concept of mindful wine tasting (‘winefulness’) as a means of developing a greater awareness through all our senses, and how we can apply this awareness throughout our daily lives. There will be plenty of time to explore the area, to relax by the pool, and simply to exist in natures’ surroundings.
This retreat is designed to nourish your body, mind, and soul while celebrating everything that makes us human.
The price is inclusive of:
- five nights boutique accommodation based on two people sharing a room
- brunch, supper, and afternoon snack lovingly prepared by our dedicated chef, Alice MacKinnon
- five yoga asana classes taught by Fiona
- daily led meditation and pranayama (breathing exercises)
- a different single-origin coffee each morning from gourmet roasters, Jericho Coffee Traders
- WiFi throughout the house
- Pool towels
- BPA-free water bottles available for your use
For an additional £50, you can opt in to:
- professional tutoring in wine appreciation by James
- all wines for mindful wine tasting and to accompany suppers on Saturday & Sunday
Fiona and James met and became friends whilst ‘studying’ and practising mindfulness at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre in 2015, and remain part of a group of friends that meet every month to ‘sit’ together (and eat cake!).
Our retreat is held at Maison 10 – a stunning boutique retreat venue in Provence, France. Maison 10 sits on a hill overlooking the ancient market town of Nyons and is set in a rich landscape of olive groves, vineyards, forests and orchards.
Facilities at Maison 10 include a swimming pool, poolside yoga studio and six beautiful rooms with views over the valley. There will be plenty of free time to relax and enjoy the area.
Early bird offer (Deposit paid by 31st Jan 2020):
- £795 per person (shared bathroom)
- £825 per person (ensuite bathroom)
Full price (Deposit paid by 15th March 2020):
- £860 per person (shared bathroom)
- £895 per person (with ensuite bathroom)